2.23.2006

'Kitty Pound'?? Are you kidding me?

Did the boys do better than the girls? I don't think so. But I don't think they were any worse, either.

Patrick - started things off with a whimper with a bad song choice, which is a shame because he seems to sing well and I think he's kinda hot.

Will - very cute but, come on - wasn't it totally like that Brady Bunch episode where they all wore those horrible Elvis jumpsuits and sang on TV? Will is totally Peter Brady. "When it's time to change, you've got to rearrange..."

David - I'm not quite sure what that was all about, but I'm pretty sure Freddie Mercury is absolutely spinning in his grave.

Bucky - he's seriously handicapped in the looks category, and I don't think his talent is such that his looks won't matter.

Elliot - another guy who ain't so pretty, but boy can he sing. Usually only Stevie Wonder sounds good singing a Stevie Wonder song, but Elliot was the exception to the rule.

Sway - will someone please put that cat out of its misery?

Gedeon - McCreepy. I don't think he pulled that song off at all - he's way too precise and not loose enough for 'Shout'. And he's creepy.

Chris - perfect song choice. I wish he wore his cowboy hat. I think he's one of those bald guys who would look better with his hair grown in.

Kevin - I don't want to say anything because I'm afraid I'll hurt his feelings.

Bobby - WTF, Bobby?! It was like Jackie Gleason showed up drunk at a wedding and grabbed the microphone from the band. Thanks to the mute button, I have no idea what the judges said. But I think I can figure it out.

Ace - another very good song choice. He's very pretty, isn't he? He reminded us of a young Barry Gibb (60s era). Nice shoulders, too. Can he sing? I think he's got just enough talent, which combined with his looks will keep him in the contest to the end.

Taylor - Woo! As much as I like "Levon", I'm not sure it showcased him well enough. But he was so good. Still my favorite. All he needs is a good haircut and he'll be perfect. Woo! Soul Patrol!

I don't ever want to hear the words "Kitty Pound" or "Paula's Poodle Pound" ever again. EVER. OK? Doesn't 'Kitty Pound' sound like the name of a rec room at the Playboy mansion? Yikes. And I'm getting really tired of the way Randy and Paula don't let Simon speak his mind. That's something that bothered me last year and it looks like it'll only be worse this time around. (I do however wish that someone had cut him off before he told Gedeon he had a creepy smile. I mean, he does, but Simon, dude, that was actually quite mean.)

Find out tonight which 2 girls and which 2 boys are going home. If I had my way? Brenna, Heather, David and Bobby.

1 comment:

gina said...

Oh, that's the first thing I thought of, the "P***y Pound". Just horrible.

You definitely have to come up and watch.