12.31.2007

I love and hate my TV, Part II. The happier part.

There was a lot to love on TV this year, and it wasn't easy narrowing my choices to 5 (so I didn't).

5 Reasons I Loved My TV This Year

1. The best new show on television, Pushing Daisies, had many memorable moments, but this sublime scene of a lovesick Olive Snook was by far my favorite:



2. The last 4 episodes of season 3 of Battlestar Galactica and the revelation of four of the Final Five:




3. Desmond. (and that show he's on)




4. Reruns of Futurama on Cartoon Network. Without them I would never have known that Nibblonians poop little balls of rocket fuel, or that Al Gore becomes Emperor of the Moon, or even that robots run on beer.




4.5. Nathan Petrelli is still my favorite character on Heroes, even if we didn't get to see very much of him during this shortened season (or maybe because we didn't, considering how the show's been struggling). I love it when he flies, but not when he dies. He had better NOT DIE.



5. Bad Girls on Logo. A British drama about a women's prison that airs on the "gay" channel and which features a lesbian love story as one of its main storylines does not sound like it's something for everyone, I know. And that's too bad, because it's good. A bit soapy and occasionally campy, but mostly it's just good (at least the first three seasons are). Here's a sampling:



The quality of the video isn't that great, but it gives you a good idea of what the show is about.

So, that's it. May 2008 bring you and me more to love than hate on our TVs!

No comments: