12.28.2007

I love and hate my TV.

You know what you never see enough of at this time of the year? Lists!

Inspired by this blog post at afterellen.com, I have decided to list my "5 reasons I loved and/or hated my TV" this year.

We're going to start with the bad stuff because I hate to end things on a sour note.

5 Reasons I Hated My TV This Year

1. The cancellation of Veronica Mars was bad enough. Did they have to replace it with that Pussycat Dolls show?




2. The WGA Strike and what it's doing to my favorite shows. May it end soon.



3. The View, Sherri Shepherd specifically. And I don't even watch the show! She made me hate my TV because she's allowed to sit there at that table and say ignorant things like this:



4. The unending coverage of the death of Anna Nicole Smith and the paternity of her baby. Twenty-four hour channels are probably the worst thing that ever happened to television news. The need to fill those 24 hours and the ratings battle between the different news networks have seriously, and I think irretrievably damaged television news. The lines between opinion and fact and entertainment and news have been crossed so many times, they barely exist anymore. And don't even get me started on the likes of Nancy Grace and Bill O'Reilly...

5. Bionic Woman, quite possibly the biggest disappointment of my entire TV life. I don't think there was anything done right on this show - not the acting, not the writing, not the effects. It's a spectacular failure because it had so much potential, and hopefully its future is in doubt. This show is so dumb it deserves to be cancelled. So dumb, in fact, that I'm going to post a bloopers clip from the original show instead.



Alright, that's enough negativity. Coming up in another post, 5 things that made me love my TV.

I hope I can limit it to 5.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

I LOVE that Veronica Mars video! God, as if I didn't already miss that show madly, you had to go and stir up old feelings.

I was going to ask what Kristin Bell is doing now, but I forgot she was just in Heroes.

gina said...

Isn't that a great video?

Anonymous said...

So... where is your list of why you love your TV? It sure isn't the Bill Maher list (however right on and amusing he was in his dickheads of the year;)

gina said...

^ look up!