12.17.2007


The response to last week's poll was amazing! To all of you that voted, I thank you!


It appears that Alistair Sim is, by far, your most favorite Scrooge. I agree, he got my vote, too. He's just able to pull off Scrooge's miserly meanness as well as his boundless joy later on better than any of the other candidates. My second place vote would go to Michael Caine in A Muppet Christmas Carol. He brings a melancholy sadness to the role that I like. Besides, everyone looks good surrounded by Muppets.


Here's a clip of Alistair Sim as Scrooge:




A new poll will be posted soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband seems to think there are 2 Alistair Sim versions - one in black and white and one in color. He has the color version and insists the older version was better. I'd buy it for him if I knew for sure it existed. Anyone out there know more about this?

gina said...

There are 2 versions of the movie, B&W and colorized. The clip I showed was obviously from the colorized version.

The B&W version is better, imo. But then I think that the colorization of old movies is criminal, in every case. lol

Amazon sells a 2-disc DVD that has both the B&W and the color versions.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Gina! I forgot about asking and now I am off to check it out.

My husband says they are not just a colorized version of the same movie. One was made in 38 and the other in 56 or something.

Anonymous said...

LOL Turns out my husband prefers th 1938 version starring Reginald Owen. He said he could have sworn it was also Sims. He has the '51 colorized Sims version, and we will be ordering the '38 Owens version.