5.17.2001

If you haven't seen The West Wing season finale yet, don't read any further!

One more quickie link... The West Wing season finale was, as I expected, fantastic. The only complaint I have is that I had been waiting all week to hear President Bartlet give those reporters an earful, and the damn thing ended right before he was to begin speaking! When Leo said to Toby, "Watch this...", I swear, my goose bumps had goose bumps.

My favorite scene from the finale: In a demonstration of the real power of this show, I was driven to tears as the President railed against God, alone in the cathedral after Mrs. Landingham's funeral; he wasn't yelling, and he was speaking line upon line of dialogue in Latin, yet I didn't need to hear him yell to feel the anger in his voice, nor did I need to hear the words in English in order to understand what he was saying to God. [if you're wondering what he did say, click here]Knowing that he is a Catholic and a religious person was enough to lend significance to the metaphoric act of extinguishing his cigarette on the cathedral floor. Jesus, I'm getting goose bumps again. Oh, it is going to be a LONG four months.

No comments: