5.12.2001

N e w s f l a s h !...Duran Duran will reunite. Am I too old to be excited by this?

Hell, I was probably too old the first time around. I was in college when they reached the peak of their success, and God I loved them. I suppose that's comparable to a college student of today hanging posters of the Backstreet Boys and 'NSync in their dorm rooms (yes, I had a huge poster of Duran Duran on my wall sophomore year, so nah nah nah nah on you). But I'd like to think that at least Duran Duran wrote their own songs and actually played their own instruments. And oh that Simon le Bon was a hottie. I say was because, well, like most of us, the years haven't been all that kind to him.

But, like all of those women "of a certain age" who go to those Sock Hop Reunion shows that tour the country and sit in the front row and swoon at pot-bellied Fabian or toupeed Frankie Avalon, I will be there at a new Duran Duran show, screaming for a now chubby Simon and singing my heart out.

No comments: