3.05.2004

Grilling the original 'Starsky & Hutch': "Though 'Starsky & Hutch' concluded 25 years ago, the chemistry between Glaser and Soul is still apparent, as the following interview with the two attests."

I remember being unhappy that the movie (released today) was going to be a comedy, but then I read a favorable NYTimes review this morning and it looks as though I may have to see this one. While he is no David Soul, I do like Owen Wilson. Their schtick on the Oscars was pretty cute, too. (and I think it would be money well spent just for the opportunity to see Snoop Dogg as Huggy Bear)

You know, it's funny now that I think about it; my mother would not allow us to watch the show because it was too violent (although I managed to sneak in an episode here and there, when she wasn't looking, and caught up on reruns later). I was about 12-14 years old when that show was on. Imagine a parent telling a 13 -year-old these days that they can't watch something on television (a broadcast network to boot) because it's too violent - I'd like to see one try. (Ironically, we were allowed to watch "Baretta", a show which, to my memory, was just as violent, because she had a thing for Robert Blake).

If you have any idea what I'm talking about, tell me: Who was your favorite? (mine was Hutch)

No comments: