3.10.2004

This seems to be a day for great interviews. In this one, The Onion's A.V. Club talks to Viggo Mortensen. A quote:

"A lot of places we were in New Zealand, we'd be by these rivers and beautiful lakes, in really wild places, and I would just grab my backpack and fishing rod and go take in the silence, instead of waiting for the next shoot. It was really getting away from people, is what it comes down to, one way or another. Because you're around people all the time, and even though it's pleasant to sit and break bread, it's all these voices, and it's nice to walk away, go fishing, or just look around, take a picture or whatnot. Those are, ideally, restful moments, even if they're active. When I'm writing or drawing something, or cleaning my camera, or taking a picture, or thinking about it, looking out the window or walking around the woods, then, when I come back to work, I'm refreshed and mentally ready for the whole second half of the day."

No comments: