3.01.2004

Hello, it's me.

"you know that I'd be with you if I could..." I love that song.

But I digress. Sorry I've been so remiss lately. Been busy as well as mentally pre-occupied. Sheila and I have decided to buy a house together, and we got our mortgage pre-approval last week. We've been spending a lot of time checking out houses online, doing drive-bys, and some cleaning/packing. It's all very nerve-wracking and stressful, isn't it? Will this house be big enough? Are there any major problems with it? Will we be happy with the neighborhood? Will we be able to pay the mortgage?

We looked at a house on Saturday that we liked, but it was just a little too small, and wasn't really suited to our needs. Our mother will be living with us, and ideally we would all like her to have her own space, like an in-law setup or finished lower level of a raised ranch. The house we saw had 3 (tiny) bedrooms, all upstairs, and with her arthritis and penchant for injuring herself, that's not a great setup.

I'll keep you updated on the house search and our progress as we go along.

I watched the Oscars last night, from start to finish, amazingly. I was thinking this morning that I had missed a blogging oppportunity: I was sitting at my computer for practically the entire show and could have provided a running commentary. Alas, I did not; which is why I have maybe 4 regular readers.

Very happy with the LOTR wins, even if it did make the show fairly boring. Loved the Hobbit row, but missed Viggo. Yay for Sean Penn! Will Farrell and Jack Black - very funny. So was the Blake Edwards wheelchair ride - Jim Carrey, however, continues to get less funny every year. They need to get rid of all those tributes, please. B-O-R-I-N-G. Johnny Depp: H-O-T.

See the blistering commentary you all missed out on last night?

Off to see if there's anything interesting to post today...

No comments: