1.07.2005

Feast or Famine

If it wasn't for LOST, I would have had no must-see television this season. Until now, of course: All of my old favorites are returning, at the same time. We had the 'Alias' season premiere on Wednesday, and now '24' returns on Sunday:

'24': New Web of Fear, Same Secret Agent: "The creators of the Fox drama "24" wisely decided that the fourth season needed a complete overhaul. Sunday night's premiere episode (or, as we have come to know it, Hour 7 to 8 a.m.) starts quite awhile after the third season ended: Jack, played by Kiefer Sutherland, works for the secretary of defense; his annoying daughter, Kim, is married and out of the picture, and David Palmer is not president anymore."

I hope Palmer makes an appearance at some point this season - I really like Dennis Haysbert.

Then there's MI-5, which returns to A&E on Saturday night, at 10:00 P.M. It's been such a long time since I watched this show (we had to wait for the new season to be filmed and then aired on BBC before it made it to A&E), that I wonder if I'll remember who's who and who's doing what to whom, etc. I've seen some previews on A&E, and I'm a bit worried because I didn't seen Tom in any of the trailers. I really hope he hasn't left the show.

And finally, season 2 of HBO's Carnivale premieres Sunday night at 9:00 (and will be repeated many times throughout the week). While season 1 was highly uneven, it was still very intriguing, so I'm going to try this season on for size.

1 comment:

Johnny_Canuck said...

Thanks for the heads-up on 24. Probably my favourite show of that genre.
And I kinda liked his daughter. The one who bugs me is Chloe.

JC