1.22.2005

Snow Bomb

It started snowing about 15 minutes ago. I guess we're really going to get whalloped this time. There's a blizzard warning in effect right now, and it's supposed to snow straight through to at least noon tomorrow. Accumulations will range from a foot to 30"!! Holy crap. I'll try to post some photos.

We're settled in good here. We got all our groceries this morning, and I squeezed all three cars into our driveway in case there was a parking ban. There's plenty of Diet Coke, DVDs and Playstation. I picked up Star Wars Bounty Hunter this morning for the first time in almost 2 months - I've had to re-play the current level twice already, but I am getting a little further each time. Poor Sheila can't play because of her shoulder - she had surgery on her rotator cuff and a bone spur removal on Thursday - so she gets to watch me play, in between Percoset-induced naps.

I saw someone making yummy pannini sandwiches on the Food Network this morning, so I'm going to attempt to make them myself, using the pannini maker our mother got us for Christmas. I'm making them with mozzarella, pesto, sun-dried tomatoes and vinagrette. I'll let you know how they came out.

Have a good day, and if you're getting hit with the snow, I hope you don't have any driving to do.


2 comments:

Esther said...

I have to admit, I'm a little jealous. I don't think I've ever been snowed in before, like that. Yeah, I know, strange, since I realize that most Easterners would give their right arm for the weather we're having back here. lol Glad that you're stocked up and safe, though.

There's such a thing as a panini maker? Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. lol I love panini sandwiches; got hooked on them in California. There's a grilled chicken panini at Schlotzky's (a deli chain back here in the West) that I am thoroughly addicted to. Hope yours come out nice and yummy (I'm sure they will)!

You and yours stay warm, chica, and can't wait to see the pictures. :-)

Anonymous said...

Those sound really good, as do the others you mentioned in a later post. I love them, and to do them with a special panini maker would be easier, I bet.
Mmmmmm.
~Krys