4.17.2006

Idol Results: Better Late Than Never

Or perhaps not.

Regardless, I promised to catch up so here are some thoughts on last week's results.

  • We did not get a Queen performance. I'm not sure where I got that from. We did, however, get a group sing, and it was really good! It was a Queen medley, of course, and Chris sounded incredible singing "Under Pressure", the song that would have given him his 'moment' if he had sang it the night before.
  • Filler was provided by messages from home for all of the contestants, and while I usually find all that filler stuff insufferable, I enjoyed these for the most part. I guess I'm just a pushover at heart. The ones that really got to me: Katharine's dad and Elliot's mom. Katharine was stunning even as a 3-year-old and Elliot really is a good boy.
  • Kellie brought some much needed class to the proceedings with her 'snot rag' shenanigans.
  • Our Bottom 3 was Elliot, Ace and Bucky, and it is not a just world as I had hoped because Ace stayed while Bucky said bye-bye. Bye-bye, Bucky. I hope they finished capping your teeth.
  • Brian May posted a note at his site about his American Idol experience, revealing what really went down between the band and Ace.
When I heard they were singing Rod Stewart songs tomorrow night I was all verklempt at the thought of Taylor singing Maggie May, only to be disappointed to find out that they will be singing songs from his 4 CD collection "Great American Songbook." Poo.

2 comments:

gina said...

Linda Hunt! Yes! She was the saloon lady in Silverado, too (among many other roles).

Her mother used to live in Heritage Village, a loooong time ago, and Sheila met her when she delivered some prescriptions to the mother.

Sorry, wild tangent alert!

gina said...

PS Have fun savin' the animals!