4.19.2006

Idol Top 7: They Call 'Em Standards For A Reason.

Well, well, I had almost forgotten that these people can actually sing. Most of them, that is.

Did Rod Stewart have anything to do with the overall excellence? Or was it the songs? I love Rod Stewart but I think for the most part, it was the songs. They aren't included in the Great American Songbook for nothin'.

We started off with Chris, looking like Gene Kelly in a motorcycle gang. Nice ascot, man! He sounded very nice. Incongruously, he looked like he wanted to kill me. Chris, why are you so angry with me when the world is so wonderful? Dude needed to bring the intensity level down a notch or two for that song. Still, well done.

Ryan has been sneaking sips from Paula's cup hasn't he? "Simon dressed up like the Easter Bunny and laid eggs at my house"? WTF?

Paris reminded me of why I liked her so much at the beginning. She was amazing and looked very pretty (even if the suit was a little too "Julie McCoy"). Again, well done!

Ryan obviously told Taylor that Paula was sharing because "Flattery is a great form of humor"? Whoa! Regardless, he nails You Send Me, especially the end.

Elliot (or Idi Yamin as Sheila likes to call him) looks better than ever, sings well, has a little fun with his stage presence and Simon tells him he lacks personality. Go figure. I think Simon is using reverse psychology and criticized Elliot in the hope that his fans will respond by power voting for Idi.

Wow, everyone's doing so well...

Heh, that was fun while it lasted. Kellie crashes and burns with "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered (hee!)". Actually, she started off sounding remarkably good; however, it all went very wrong about halfway through as she got ahead of the band and couldn't carry a note if it had a handle. Oh the humanity! However, as much as I wish she was out of the competition, I give her serious props for owning that disaster and acknowledging that she farked it up.

Hey look! It's Vinnie Barbarino in Pulp Fiction! No wait, that's Ace. I don't really want to talk about him or his lip quiver at the end.

Katharine gets the pimp spot and blows away the competition. Exquisite.

Do I hazard a guess at the Bottom 3? How about Ace, Paris, and Kellie or Chris as the shocker!

I'll be happy if either Ace of Kellie go home. Results tonight at 9:30 on FOX.

1 comment:

gina said...

"Ace of Kellie". Is that like "Ace of Base"?

Don't mind me, it's been a long day.