10.08.2007

So how did you spend the weekend?

Me? I went up to Massachusetts and watched 20 episodes of Battlestar Galactica. That has to be a record of some kind, I swear. I think I've just started to get the feeling back in my rear end. And these old hips were not happy last night.

Why did I do this, you ask? Well, I've finally got some of my friends to watch BSG and we've been doing marathon weekends in order to catch up before the Razor movie that's airing on Thanksgiving weekend and more importantly, before season 4 begins in January. I don't feel so alone anymore.

So we've watched through the fourth episode of season 3, which is called "Exodus, Part 2". It's probably my favorite episode of the entire series and is probably one of the best episodes of any series ever put on the air. I don't want to say more about it because I don't want to spoil anyone, but I did want to post this video, which is basically just a way to re-live one of the most amazing action sequences ever put to film. A lot of superlatives, I know, but I just really like it.

There's also something else really cool about it, but I can't say until my friends have finished watching season 3...

(It's extremely spoilery, so if you haven't seen at least the first four episodes of season 3, be careful!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the video very much. :)
We got to watch about 30 seconds on your site, then a YouTube "Replay" option came up. We tried again and the same thing happened. But we perservered and went to YouTube and were able to watch it there.
Thanks for the link - it helped to keep me from spoiling myself.
~krys

Anonymous said...

Gina, you're such a lightweight! ;)

I watched 28 episodes this weekend...Krys and I just couldn't stop watching after you left. It was like a sickness, but a good one :)

We'll be watching more tonite and through season 3 (and ready for some re-watches) by the weekend.

~Holly

Anonymous said...

PS This line:

There's also something else really cool about it, but I can't say until my friends have finished watching season 3...

is KILLING me! Totally screatching my head over what you could mean. Guess I'll know soon enough ;)

~Holly

gina said...

Yes you will, and it's AWESOME.