10.11.2007

TV Talk, Cont'd.

A few more thoughts on the shows in my current TV roster (from an e-mail thread with friends):

Back to You – This gets funnier each week, I’m happy to say. Last night’s was good.

Bionic Woman – I’m still with it. Last night’s episode was actually pretty good. Unfortunately, that’s most likely due to the major emphasis on the Katee Sackhoff character. I’m still unconvinced as to Michelle Ryan’s suitability, but she was better last night. I’m not giving up yet.

Life – From the comments on this post: I tried watching Life the first night it was on. It was an excellent scene where the main character shoots the kid in the apartment, and his partner freaks out because she's got cocaine all over her and she jumps in the shower...but there's just something about that lead actor. He kind of skeeves, for some reason. I think it's his mouth. Not a very good reason to not watch, but there ya have it. What can I say? I'm shallow.

Northern Exposure – I decided this morning that once the days get shorter and the cold weather starts settling in I’m going to embark on a rewatch. I just LOVED this show and I miss it.

Biggest Loser – I’ve gotten completely sucked in to this. It’s got all the trappings of reality programming that I hate – the false drama, the creative editing, the manufactured suspense and repetitiveness and excessive commercial breaks (it’s 90 minutes long!) – but I want to see these people lose the weight. I’m still amazed that they work out as hard as they do and their hearts don’t explode.

Bad Girls – I love it and I don’t want season 3 to end.

CSI – Original Recipe is the best.

Heroes – I think it's kind of obvious that I like this show.

No comments: