10.04.2007

TV Talk - Probationary Edition

So, how are my new shows doing?

Well, I have to reserve comment on Pushing Daisies because, shame on me, I didn’t watch it last night. I recorded it, don’t worry, I just didn’t have time to watch. I was at my computer until about 9:30, burning DVDs to take to a friend's this weekend. I’ll watch Pushing Daisies tonight, either before or after Bad Girls.

Anyhoo, I did watch Back to You and Bionic Woman.

Back to You – I think it’s still finding its legs, but I like it. Especially the daughter storyline and Fred Willard. Kelsey Grammer and the little girl have good chemistry.

Bionic Woman – Sigh. I really want this to be so much better than it is. There are 2 HUGE problems, in my eyes: 1) p*ss-poor direction and 2) Michelle Ryan. The direction/writing issues can improve, but she’s a big problem. I’m just not sure she can carry this show. I thought last night was better than the pilot, but it was still really choppy and didn’t hold together very well. I really want Sarah Corvus to kill Jaime Sommers and become the lead on the show. Isn't that awful? I did have to smile, though, when Jaime walked into that house in Paradise and they had a scene from Battlestar Galactica playing on the TV.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that there are way too many cooks in the kitchen on this and the network is meddling too much. I’ll keep watching and give it a chance to improve. I will probably have my heart broken, but heck, it’s better to have hoped and lost than not to have hoped at all, right?

No comments: