10.18.2007

TV Talk

Bionic Mess - I am thisclose to throwing in the towel on this one, and it breaks my heart. I was so excited when I heard they were bringing this back, especially with some of the Battlestar Galactica people and Glen Morgan from The X-Files on the creative team. I should have know it was a bad sign when Morgan was replaced before the pilot even aired.

I haven't seen a show this bad in a long time. Michelle Ryan is like a walking, talking bionic black hole who sucks the life out of every scene she's in. She has about as much charisma as a potted plant and just about as many facial expressions, too. And yet, as dull as she is, her line readings seem rushed, like she starts speaking before the person she talks to do is finished with their line. How the hell did she get this part?

Then, as if it's not bad enough that the lead actor isn't getting the job done, the writing is horrific. The whole Paraguay subplot last night was impenetrable and the action scenes - don't get me started! I couldn't believe it when she bent the fan back and it started up again! And where did all of those "terrorists" come from when they were escaping? Were they all waiting outside? And why can't Jaime the supposed genius come up with a better excuse for why she has to go out of town? Couldn't she have just told her sister that her employer was sending her away for a few days? The writers need to pop in season 1 of Alias to see how it's done right.

Once again, Sarah Corvus was the only watchable part of the show, but I swear it's getting to the point now where not even she is going to be enough to keep me watching.

I give it just one more week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gina, you said it all. I was working as I was watching, and after about the first 10 minutes, I only looked up at the Sarah Corvus parts .
I will have to record the show and just watch it on FF or something. It makes me sad, too. There was a lot of potential there. Kind of makes you wonder how much the network has mucked with it and how much is just suckage.
~Krys