11.07.2007

TV Talk

While I'd love to characterize my recent absence here as some sort of symbolic gesture in support of the WGA strike, it's really just a result of my shitty work ethic lately, as well as some real-life turmoil. So please hang in there while I try to get things back on track.

So, did someone mention the WGA strike? Are you wondering how it will or will not affect your favorite shows? The LA Times has a pretty good rundown of how the strike might affect certain series. And this SyFyPortal article talks about how LOST and Heroes will probably end up with split seasons if the strike lasts into the new year. I also just read that the first scripted casualty of the strike is NBC's The Office - production has ceased because Steve Carrell is a writer for the hit show and he won't cross the picket line.

BTW, for those of you who don't understand what the strike is all about, you can read up on it here.

On to other things...I realized the other day that it's been a while since I talked about Pushing Daisies, which I actually didn't start watching until 3 weeks after it aired, but that's not really important. What is important is that I think Pushing Daisies is one of the best new television shows I have seen in years. It somehow manages to blend its macabre premise with humor and sweet affection, all the while keeping the quirkiness in check. Which is amazing, since this show is about the quirkiest thing, EVER, on television. I think that's greatly due to an amazing cast. I won't say more because I don't want to give anything away, but I will give it my whole-hearted recommendation. Watch it! Before the strike makes it go away!

Oh, and about Bionic Woman: There's a new episode on tonight and I will not be watching.

1 comment:

J said...

hey gin - love pushing daisies too...particularly Kristin Chenoweth and the aunts.