11.28.2007

TV Talk

rondmoore.com - The creator of Battlestar Galactica has a personal blog, in which he talks about the strike and how it affects the show: "I refuse to believe that we won’t finish, that we won’t be back to film our final stories, but I know and accept there is that possibility. The strike will be a seminal event for many of us in this business as it’s put literally everything we care about in the balance (if only for a short time so far) for something we all believe is important...Galactica’s coming back, I frakking promise you that. But I am ready to put the rest of the story on the table and take the risk that I’ll never be able to tell it, in support of this strike." God, I hope it doesn't come to that and that the recent contract talks prove to be fruitful.

Top Gear - A BBC show that consists of 3 men talking about cars, driving cars really fast, creating space shuttles out of cars...more testosterone than you can shake a dipstick at and yet I really enjoy it. They show much disdain for American cars (and America in general), but they're funny and crazy and the cars are pretty cool. You can find it on BBC America on Monday nights.

The Biggest Loser - I am a reality show snob that got sucked into this show one night while channel surfing and now I have to see it through to the end. I hate the usual reality show trappings - creative editing, manufactured drama, etc. - but it is amazing to see how these people transform themselves.

No comments: