10.23.2008

Drive Through Review

Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

I have seen this movie at last!

Because of the mediocre reviews it got I didn't make an effort to see it in the theater, and I was a bit apprehensive when I sat down to watch it the other night; but you know what?  I kinda liked it.

Some of the stunts stretched the bounds of plausibility, even for Indiana Jones (a refrigerator as escape from a nuclear blast?  really?), and the Amazon chase scene went on WAY too long, but it certainly was a fun movie.  I preferred the first half to the second, wish there was more Marion and thought the "inter-dimensional beings" were a little too out there, but seeing Indy in action again, with all the sly winks at the previous movies, and hearing that great music again...all made this movie a lot of fun to watch.  And I'm looking forward to seeing it again.

No comments: