10.29.2008

I want my MTV!

Remember a time when MusicTeleVision actually played music videos?  Wish you could go back to that time?  Well now you can, sort of: MTV.com has launched a searchable database of over 1400 music videos that you can not only watch at their site but can also embed and share.  Awesome!

I thought I'd take us back to that time when MTV was actually MTV by dipping into the archives for some old favorites. I loved, loved, LOVED David Bowie when I was in college, so let's start with him.

Here is Bowie's cover of Wild is the Wind, one of my favorite songs of his:



Next, probably one of his most beloved songs. And am I wrong, or isn't he totally high in this?



Finally, it's Bowie and Mick Jagger being really silly and somewhat gay with their cover of "Dancin' in the Streets":



Oh my God, I just remembered - I had a white coat just like that!

ETA: You can go straight to the video site at MTVMusic.com

No comments: