10.30.2008

Movies That Scare Me

OK, before I begin, a disclaimer: I am a wuss when it comes to scary movies. I have no desire to watch movies about hills with eyes or saws or anything like that. That shit's just way too gross and disturbing for me. There are, however, movies that are just creepy enough that I'll keep coming back for more, especially at this time of year.

Those movies are, in no particular order:

Candyman (1992)
28 Days Later (2002)
Alien (1979)
The Exorcist * (1973)
Carrie (1976)
Halloween (1978)
The Omen (1976)
The Sentinel (1977)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre * (1974)
When A Stranger Calls (1979)
The Shining (1980)
Rosemary's Baby (1968)
The Ring (2002)
Poltergeist (1982)
Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)
Shaun of the Dead (2004) **

* To be honest, I've never been able to watch either of these movies in their entirety. Too scary!!

** OK, so it's not as scary as some, but it's good!

If you're into classic horror, then check out TCM. They've programmed "48 Hours of Horror", airing classic horror films all day today and tomorrow. Also, AMC has been airing their "Fearfest '08" all week, and they have some of the more modern horror classics.

Do you have any favorite scary movies?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't watch a lot of scry movies, but you disn't list my #1 scary movie: Wait Until Dark. I saw that the same night as I saw The Birds, and I don't think I got a wink of sleep.

gina said...

Wait Until Dark? Is that the one with Audrey Hepburn and she's blind and Richard Crenna terrorizes her? Well, I can check, can't I?...

Imdb says it is, but I was wrong about Crenna - he's the cop and Alan Arkin is the bad guy. That's a good one!