10.28.2008

Heroes: Episode 3.07

Eris Quod Sum

Sigh. I am actually beginning to ask myself if it's worth watching anymore. I don't hate the show.  No, it's much worse than that - I'm not sure I care what happens anymore.

Robert Forster as Arthur Petrelli - aside from that corny "You're grounded" line - brings some much needed cool to the show, I will give them that. With Nathan and HRG relegated to sub-sub-plots, this show is super-low on cool, so that's a good thing. Unfortunately there aren't many good things left on this show.

Please tell me how in the WORLD Elle got through airport security without setting off every single scanner? She couldn't even keep it under control sitting in Claire's house, for crying out loud. Even if you overlook that little plot hole, who in their right mind would think that putting a human lightning bolt inside a giant, super-conductive metal can at 30,000 feet was a good idea??

And then there's Mohinder. Wasn't he an evil bug man last week? Now suddenly he did it all, including cocooning a couple of perfect strangers in his nesty lab, because he loves Maya? He barely knew her even a day before he injected himself -  because he wanted powers, not because he was trying to find a cure for her - and only after that was he attracted to her. After his experience with The Company last season, why, why, WHY would he even consider working for Pinehearst? I think Mohinder was wrong about himself and he's had a power all this time - the power of Stupidity!

How about Maury Parkman, the man who abandoned his son, has shown absolutely no paternal concern nor any indication that he cares he has a son, who last night was suddenly willing to die to protect him and in fact did just that?  Huh?  Where did that come from?  And I'm sorry, but I just do not buy Matt and Daphne.  Nope.

Sylar used to be scary, like back in season 1.  Now his character is so rudderless that anything he says or does means nothing.  Remember when he was a truly menacing Big Bad, a serial killer with superhero powers and some serious mommy issues?  I suppose he still has the mommy issues, but his transformation into a good guy is way too big a pill for me to swallow.  And to add insult to injury, his arc is written poorly.

OK, so I don't end this on a completely sour note, let's get back to the two other good things in this episode:  Maya may very well be gone for ever and, "Have you met their mother?"  Ha!

By the way, the title means: "You will be what I am".  Do with that what you will.

Is anyone else still watching this show?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two answers to your question about whether anyone's still watching it:

1. Barely
2. Yeah, but not really enjoying it.

It's kind of like when I'm reading a book that's not really doing it for me. It's so hard to give up on it and put it down...even though I know I should.

~Holly