4.17.2009

TV Talk: Roundup

24's latest plot twist has me shaking my head. I have no problem with Tony being a bad guy - I never really cared for his character anyway - except I'm not sure if his new apparent evilness jibes with what he's done so far this season. He may very well have some heroic reason for working with the Starkwood guy in order to steal the canister of bio-toxin; but I can't think of anything that would justify him killing Larry Moss in cold blood. With his bare hands, no less.

So has anyone else been watching Harper’s Island on CBS (they also have a companion site, harpersglobe.com)? It’s a 13-week murder mystery series set in the Pacific Northwest. A large group of people have assembled on the island for a wedding and in every episode leading up to the wedding a couple of people are murdered – in the most gruesome ways! I caught up and watched the first two episodes last night and I really like it. I recommend the show if you like the horror/murder mystery genre (the horror is of a toned-down variety, since it is on prime time TV). The series ends on July 2, with the reveal of the murderer. If the ratings overall are good, they will probably do another one, with a different cast and location.

My guilty pleasure Rock of Love Tour Bus ended last Sunday, with Bret Michaels choosing the former "Feature Dancer", now Penthouse Pet of the Year. Quelle surprise!! Things got kind of boring at the end because all of the interesting - and by "interesting", I mean trashy, stupid, drunk, violent and/or completely insane - participants had been sent home already. So how happy was I when I heard that most of the trashy, stupid, drunk, violent and completely insane women are going to be on VH1's Rock of Love Charm School?! Brilliant.

Finally, I plan to catch HBO's Grey Gardens, which premieres tomorrow night at 8:00. HBO describes it as "Based on the lives that inspired the Maysles Brothers' classic documentary, this HBO Films drama tells the story of "Big Edie" Beale (Jessica Lange) and her daughter "Little Edie" (Drew Barrymore), who forged a unique bond while living in a ramshackle East Hampton mansion."

If you have not yet had the pleasure of watching the Maysles' documentary, I urge you to. It is riveting.

No comments: