1.05.2003

Joyce Millman writes about "celebreality" in today's NYTimes. In the article she cites that old classic "Battle of the Network Stars" as the progenitor of such current shows as "Star Date", "Celebrity Boot Camp" and "Celebrity Mole in Hawaii". I really enjoyed reading the article, mostly because it had me flashing back over 20 years ago, to those pre-historic TV times when there was no cable, only 3 networks and no remote controls. My sisters and I loved it when there was a new "Battle of the Network Stars". We were an ABC household so it was a gimme who we would be routing for - the stars of "Charlie's Angels", "The Love Boat", "Six Million Dollar Man", and so on. Don't you think it would make absolute perfect sense for TVLand to re-run those old "Battles"? I know I would watch.

No comments: