10.15.2004

Aw, Frell!

I wanted to tape today's Farscape episodes, to refresh my memory before watching the mini-series on Sunday. I wrote myself a note and left it at my desk at home. I sent myself an e-mail from work to home, reminding myself to pop a tape in and set the VCR. I bet you can guess how that all turned out. Mhm. Forgot.

Oh well. How about some Scapey goodness?

Tale of the Scape: "The Peacekeeper Wars is as good a place as any to jump in; a brief series recap at the beginning provides a Farscape for Dummies crash-course that's less of a brain-melter than reading through the show's four-season history at SciFi.com/Farscape (though also recommended). And, if the miniseries does as well as the Scapers expect, it could make that rarified comeback from cancellation."

Why the Frenzy Over Farscape?: "The show's greatest strength is that whatever crisis Moya and her motley crew confronts, the richly drawn characters always come first. In the mini-series, for example, Sun and Crichton don't let a military assault get in the way of a domestic spat."

The Farscape Factor: "The 'Farscape' campaign is an example of 'fan power at the grass-roots level,' Schaeffler says. 'It shows that a group of individuals can draw together a larger group of fans and create change. The whole theme is of more power to the creative people, more power for fans and for advertisers to influence future content.'"

(all links thank to tvtattle.com)

No comments: