10.01.2004

It's a Right-Wing Conspiracy!

I usually stop at 7-Eleven for a large (20 oz) tea on the way in to work. I did so yesterday morning, and when I went to grab a 20 oz cup, I saw “BUSH” emblazoned across the outside of the cup, with “Your Vote Counts” and “7-Election 2004”. I couldn’t believe it! They expected me to carry around a cup with Bush’s name on it?! How dare they force their political views on the rest of us?! There was no freakin’ way I was going to be a walking advertisement for that guy. But then, just as I was figuring out how to place that heat-protecting cardboard band in such a way that it completely covered “BUSH”, I saw that right behind the Bush cups were Kerry cups (which would be accessible from the counter on that side). Apparently, you pick which cup (candidate) you want and the cashier scans the bar code on the cup. Some kind of mock election, I guess. Although it’s really only an accurate representation of the votes of people who drink 20 oz coffees.

Thank God I didn’t say anything I was thinking out loud!

No comments: