10.20.2004

Holy Cow.

Another great game last night. It's so amazing that the Red Sox have been able to come out from under a 3 games to none deficit and tie the series; but these games are killing me! I'm exhausted. And for the first time in my life I'm starting to feel ashamed of being a Yankees fan. Mostly because of that cheating brat, A-Rod, but also because of the thuggish behavior of the fans at the game. Show some class, people.

I still can't understand why Rodriguez did what he did. What the hell was he thinking? Actually, I think I know - it's the 8th inning, the Red Sox are winning, this is not the way it's supposed to be, OhMyGodThisCan'tBeHappeningThisIsNotFair- I'mTellingMyMommy*SLAP* Take your ball and go home if you can't play like a grownup, A-Rod.

Curt Schilling could teach that boy a thing or two. I saw the blood on his sock right from the beginning of the game and I couldn't believe the announcers never mentioned it! I'm like, "He's bleeding, does anyone besides me notice he's bleeding?? Hello!" I read this morning that before the game they sewed his dislocated tendon into place by suturing his skin to something underneath it. It must have been the sutures that were bleeding. Damn.

Game 7 tonight. I'm not sure I'll be able to watch!

1 comment:

gina said...

I'll take your word for it on the Sox fans. Even if every fanbase in MLB acted in such a way, though, it's still embarrassing. And, though I haven't watched as many baseball games as some people, I don't think I can recall ever seeing freakin' riot police lined up along the right- and left-field lines.

It's going to be a nasty game tonight.