9.21.2005

Drive-Thru Reviews

Sin City - Wow. Certainly not a movie for everyone - the dialogue and action are virtually ripped from the pages of a comic book and it is extremely violent. I mean extremely. Did I mention how violent it was? Regardless, it's a movie like no other I've seen and is one I won't soon forget.

Dodgeball - I admit it, seeing people get hit in the face with a big red rubber ball is funny. So sue me. It's barely a wisp of a movie in terms of story, character, etc., but seeing Ben Stiller, who I hate with the intensity of a thousand white-hot suns, get the sh*t kicked out of him was worth the hour and a half. And watching people get hit with a big red rubber ball is funny.

Shark Tale - Nothing new under the sun, but entertaining. A bit too busy and loud, but I really like the Martin Scorcese puffer fish.

1 comment:

Esther said...

I knew you'd like 'Sin City'. You're right, it's violent beyond words, but I found I couldn't tear my eyes away from it, plus, I just liked the stories and the actors. So visually stunning, as well.

I've had a copy of Dodgeball here forever that I have yet to watch. I don't know why I haven't, since I've got such a huge crush on Vince Vaughn. I'll have to rectify the situation this weekend.

No desire to ever watch 'Shark Tale'. I don't particularly care for the animation style, and it just looks like a wannabe 'Finding Nemo'.