9.13.2005

Interdictor passes on a message from one Robert LeBlanc: "I will tell you that I would probably disagree with most of the people that still need to be saved on political, social, and cultural values. However, it must be noted that these people love thier friends and families like I do, desire to live like I do, and care for their respective communities (I was even amazed at the site of seemingly young and poor black people caring for sickly and seemingly well-to-do white people and tourists still needing evacuation from New Orleans' downtown area) the same way I care for mine.

Eight people in particular who stood out during our rescue and whose stories deserve to be told..."

I don't know who Robert LeBlanc is, but I thank him for sharing his story with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was really good, Gina... I printed it off and am bringing it to work to share.
~K