3.28.2007

Idol: Top 10 Performances

Gwen Stefani is tonight's coach and this oughta be good. I mean, weird, this oughta be weird. The theme is sort of bizarre: No Doubt songs and songs by artists who have inspired Stefani. I'm game.

Lakisha - "Let's Dance" by Donna Summer. She did a great job with an AI classic, and I really like that dress and those boots.

Chris S. - "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic", my absolute favorite Police song. Stefani mentions that he has trouble keeping up with the tempo and that's still his problem once he gets on stage. And he looks really uncomfortable up there, like he doesn't know what to do with his arms and legs or something. He deserves a vote for not saying "Fro Patro", but that's it.

Gina - Another song I really love, "I'll Stand By You", by The Pretenders. She sounds great, really good. It's the perfect song choice for her. Perfect. She really needed that after last week.

Sanjaya - I just don't have the energy. This kid is killing my enjoyment of this show.

Haley - "True Colors" by Cyndi Lauper. She's rockin' that bod again, but I agree with Simon - sweet but forgettable.

Phil - "Every Breath You Take", by The Police. I'll be watching you...with my dead eyes. This is a perfect song choice for him, though. I think he just saved his ass for another week.

Melinda - "Heaven Knows", by Donna Summer, I think. Oh man, what does she have on? She looks like somebody's mother up there, but Jesus she can sing.

Blake - "Love Song", by The Cure, yet another song I like. I've learned something new tonight: Gwen Stefani and I have similar taste in music. Who'da thunk it? Anyway, I like Blake's hair down. And I like the way he sang that. Nice job. No beatboxing! Yay!

Jordin - No Doubt's "Hey Baby". She should have sang "Just a Girl". Man who is dressing the girls tonight??? Is this really what's in style? Am I that out of touch? Anyway, she can sing, but this was not a good choice for her. Not melodic enough, or something to that effect. And I'm too distracted by the outfit, which makes her look like a Catholic schoolgirl field hockey player.

Chris R. - Another No Doubt song, "Don't Speak". He's a nice guy, so I feel bad, but I do not think he can sing. Am I wrong? Interesting that they didn't mention that he messed up the words there at the end. I remain unimpressed.

My favorite performance of the night: Gina



I am clueless as to who the Bottom 3 will be, but I'll hazard a guess: Haley, Chris R. and Chris S. Find out who goes home tonight at 9:00.

No comments: