3.01.2007

Idol: Top 20 Results Show

It was a night filled with a copious amount of tears that ended with two very memorable singouts.

Before I get to the eliminations, I just wanted to mention the best part of the group song ("Joy to the World"): AJ singing "You know I love the ladies." Mhm. Suuuure you do.

The eliminations:

Nick is the first to go and he goes out with class. I knew he wasn't long for the competition, so no surprise there.

Alaina is the first of the night's girls to leave and she's so emotional she just gives up on the sing out and hugs it out with the rest of the girls instead. I don't think that's ever happened before, has it? And I can't say I blame her. What's she got to lose, right? I'm not surprised with her departure, either.

Then we get the return of Kellie Pickler. Damn, is that her?! She's gone old school country, and looks like the love child of Tammy Wynnette and Dolly Parton. And the boobs! Oh my God, the boobs! Ryan, bless his little heart, asks Kellie if she's spent her new money on anything special - HA!

OK, it's time for another guy to go. It's down to AJ and Sanjaya. And it's AJ who is voted off and that is so, SO wrong. Even Sanjaya is stunned. And shunned, too, as he's left standing on the periphery of the group hug.

And last, but certainly not least...Leslie is going home. I knew Antonella was going to stay, dammit! There was no way that Leslie was going to get anywhere near to winning this thing, but she certainly deserved to stay longer than Antonella. She leaves her mark on American Idol, however, when she improvises during her singout, asking, "Why did I decide to scat?" Hee! I told you she was a goofball.

Next week we're down to 16 singers and only an hour each night! Yay!

No comments: