3.08.2007

Idol: Top 16 Results Show

Tonight we get our Top 12, Carrie Underwood, and the big announcement.

Before we get to the important stuff, there's the Group Song, "Stuck in the Middle with You". Could they have picked a song that would make them ALL sound any worse! I think I can honestly say that was one of the worst things I've heard on this show. And that's saying a lot.

Alright, I won't drag this out:

Your Top 12

Lakisha
Blake
Chris S.
Jordin
Phil
Melinda
Brandon
Gina
Chris R.
Stephanie
Haley

and

SANJAYA.

Antonella and Jared are both sent home, as they should have been, but so are Sundance and Sabrina and that is just not right. I don't think either Sundance or Sabrina would have won the whole shebang, but they should have had a shot at going on tour.

If either Sanjaya or Haley stays at the cost of any of the other contestants now, well, I won't not watch but I will be really mad!

Also last night, Lynne Anderson sang her hit "I Never Promised You a Rose Garden" -



- wait, I'm sorry, that was Carrie Underwood, who apparently hasn't eaten since she won the competition a couple of years ago.

Finally, the big announcement. It's a charity project called Idol Gives Back, and you can read all about it here. With all of the money they've all made from this endeavor, it's good to see them give something back, no matter the motivation.

Idol will drop down to two nights a week next week (yay!), with the performance show on Tuesday from 8:00 to 10:00 PM (2 hours??) and the results show on Wednesday from 9:00 to 9:30 PM.

1 comment:

gina said...

LOL, I'll join you!