1.15.2008

It's Baaa-aaack.

Season 7 of American Idol begins tonight and I really don't want to watch it.

I don't want to listen to Ryan and Simon bitch at each every episode and make those uncomfortable gay jokes.

I don't want to get my hopes up for anyone during the audition rounds because they will invariably NOT be chosen to continue to Hollywood.

I don't want to sit and watch the auditions of what are quite frankly mentally ill and sometimes mentally retarded people who are featured on the show simply so that we can make fun of them.

I don't want to see clowns like Sanjaya Malakar stay on the show week after week while better (actual) singers are eliminated.

I don't want to hear another butchered version of a Stevie Wonder, Whitney Houston or Mariah Carey song for as long as I live.

I don't want to hear "Dawg", "That was da bomb" or anything else Randy says ever again for as long as I live, either.

But will I be strong enough to stay away, especially now that there is almost no new scripted content on TV? Alan Sepinwall writes about changes that the producers are promising to make on the show this season, but will it be enough to bring me back?

And the big question: If I do end up watching it, do I want to devote a great deal of time blogging about it?

I can't decide!

4 comments:

~J said...

Stay strong gina and don't tune in. That is my advice. There's always Netflix and many series TV you haven't seen yet...or TMC is have 31 days of Oscar starting on Feb 2nd. There are other options!

--end intervention-- lol

Anonymous said...

I can recall a time, many, many years ago, that a certain girl by the name of Gina and I would sit in front of the tv drinking Michelob Pony Packs, smoking Virginia Slims, and watching shows like Solid Gold just to make fun of people. When I sit and watch these first few episodes of American Idol, I often wish I had my old side kick around to make fun of people with me!

gina said...

Hey, is that who I think it is??

gina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.