1.17.2008

TV Talk

So, yeah, I've been watching (well, half-watching, really) American Idol. There have been a couple of notable moments, but nothing that I want to blog about. And I haven't seen anyone yet that's caught my eye. I guess I really just don't care. I will probably watch it casually, but I don't think I'll be blogging about it, sorry. My attitude may change over time, but for now, that's the dealio.

I also caved and started up again with The Biggest Loser, and the new season features teams of couples of all shapes and sizes. Well, actually, they're pretty much all the same shape, but they come in many varieties, I should say: Married, divorced, brothers, mother and son, mother and daughter, and best friends. As a result of the couples dynamic (Dynamic Duo?), the drama is through the roof, and it's awesome. I was so happy to see the White team go this week. That Neill was a big old cry-baby. My favorite team is Orange, the mother and son pair of Jackie and Dan.

And I started another reality show this week (this writers' strike is killing me): Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew. If you're expecting The Surreal Life, don't watch this show. It's not very funny. In fact, it's pretty depressing. But it's fascinating, too. Jeff Conaway is a MESS. You know you've got a serious problem when you stand next to Daniel Baldwin and he makes you look bad. And I didn't know that Jessica Sierra's mother died of a drug overdose on the day she auditioned for American Idol. The second episode is on tonight, at 10:00 on VH1, if you want to check it out.

Oh, and it doesn't hurt that Dr. Drew is cute.

Lastly, I wanted to mention that I finally watched the Extras Christmas Special on HBO, and I really liked it, especially the way it ended. There were the usual celebrity cameos, my favorites of which were these:



No comments: