4.19.2007

Idol Top 7: Results

Another hour of fluff, so here are the highlights:

1. Simon sets the record straight about the eye-roll during Chris' shout-out to Virginia Tech, which, honestly, I completely missed (the eye-roll, not the shout-out). I'm sure Chris really wanted to hear all of that again!

2. Antonio Banderas is still muy caliente, but I'm thinking he needs to do something different with his hair. Wash it, perhaps?

3. Martina McBride has a cute kid. Ryan's lucky he got his microphone back.

4. I was never so happy to be so wrong with my Bottom 3 prediction! The lowest vote-getters this week were Lakisha, Blake and Sanjaya. I left a comment in my previous Idol post right before last night's show, saying I had a feeling that Sanjaya's number was up, but in my heart of hearts, I didn't actually believe it could really happen. Thank you, America, for making my dream come true.

Next Week: Idol Gives Back.

2 comments:

J said...

sweet mother of all that is good and just...now I may be able to watch next season afterall!

Anonymous said...

Sanoyara, Sanjaya! I have to admit, I broke my vow to shun the samosa until he was voted off. Maybe that's what broke the spell ;)

Jordin actually brought tears to my eyes when she sang. I think Martina McBride (and country music in general) has some far better songs than this, but Jordin did a phenomenal job and gave a powerful performance. My favorite country singers are men, but I enjoy the women who can really belt it out (like Martine McBride can).

I thought Melinda's performance was amazing. I have never heard that song before, and it's not something I'd want to hear over and over, but she really made me enjoy it and bust out smiling.

It used to be all about Melinda for me and now Jordin's making me reconsider. Thank God for those two because, other thean them, I find it kind of boring.

~Holly