4.25.2007

TV Talk

24 - This season hasn't packed the punch that last season did (I really miss the Logans and Aaron), but it has had its moments. One of the more disgusting moments took place Monday night, when the Veep kissed his assistant Lisa Miller; how could something so dispassionate (Old Granite Face never changed his expression) be SO skeevy? Good God. I am so over the little soap opera going on between Chloe/Morris/Milo and Nadia/Milo/Doyle - those stories had better pay off in the long run in a relevant way. Like, Milo dying by getting shot during the struggle to take the gun that Morris was going to use to shoot himself with. Like that. On the other hand, I can't get enough of Karen and Bill Buchanan - if he's really gone, I will not be happy. At all. I hope next week he gets Kiefer's message on his home phone and decides to go rogue with him to take down Cheng. Preferably while wearing a t-shirt and jeans. And finally, the manpurse is back!

I'm not ready to break up with Jack, but I thought this was cute.


Futurama - I'm WAY late to the party, but I'm getting addicted to the reruns on the Cartoon Network - it's so good!!

4 comments:

Michael Markowitz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael Markowitz said...

Given that there was no possible way to top last season, which was UNBELIEVABLE, I think they're doing the best they could have been expected to do. Lots of thrills and surprises, I'll give them that.

Quibbles? I still hate seeing Milo and Chloe bicker -- it's boring -- yet the idea of seeing them in a PDA is not a pleasing thought. Speaking of PDA's, Milo and Nadia may be dull, but you have to give him credit:

Accusing a woman of treason and approving her torture...

===>

...making out with her

is the absolute toughest conversion to pull off, yet Milo did it. Bra-vo!

If Bill Buchanan is gone, I will miss him, too. As a side note, I went to college with Karen Hayes, Catherine Willows, Elaine Benes, Karen Walker, Kelvin, and T-Bag, so you can see it was NOT a dull campus!

Michael Markowitz said...

Oh, and speaking of the Veep and his lady, she is entirely too pointy for me to find her attractive. I would think if you touched her you would cut yourself.

gina said...

Wow, I bet it wasn't dull! Is that where you learned to be a screenwriter?

Re: the Veep's "pointy" assistant - good word to describe her. I think she might also be "Russian".