4.09.2007

LOST: Episode 3-15



Left Behind

Oh, I'm so late with this...so what did you all think? I thought it was another solid episode. I really enjoyed the focus on the women of the show, and I think they should do that more often.

Kate Flashback

I was never all that interested in Kate's backstory, but this flashback held my interest. Is it my imagination or was there some serious chemistry between Cassidy and Kate? A couple of times - in the bar, in the car, in the motel room - I honestly thought they were going to go in that direction. I think perhaps my subconscious mind was imposing Joanie Stubbs on the Cassidy character or something. Either that, or I've been watching too much Bad Girls.

Kate and Juliet

I'm not sure I understand how they really ended up handcuffed together. I believe it was implied that Juliet lied about the handcuffs, that she was the one who cuffed them together so that she wouldn't be left behind. Am I right? So the Others dumped them both in the same spot, but Juliet woke before Kate? Hmm. Still doesn't feel right. And Juliet was also lying about not knowing about the monster. She may not know exactly what it is, but she was aware of it and knew that the fence would keep it out.

Locke

What in the name of Alvar Hanso is going on with him? I'm assuming we're going to get an episode that will explain what transpired between Locke and Benry between him seeing his father bound and gagged in that room and him telling Kate he was leaving with the Others and that they were all disappointed in her. Nothing Locke does anymore surprises me, and I don't find it out of character for him to be seduced by a cultish figure like Benry, especially considering Locke's "special" connection with the island, but I do think we need to have some explanation.

Jack

He was awfully cold to Kate, don't you think? I have such a hard time understanding him, I really do. His emotional responses (or lack thereof) rarely make any sense to me. Maybe that's why he's not a favorite character. Here's a question: Why not take over Otherville? Why go back to the beach? Not only would Otherville provide housing, electricity, running water and recreational pursuits, but it has a sonic fence surrounding it that could keep out the monster and the Others and Juliet can probably change the code! I'll be interested in seeing what items they decide to bring back to the beach.

You know, unlike everyone else on the island (so far), Kate does not have a daddy issue, like I though - she in fact has a mommy issue, and Jack seems to be the stand in for her mother, the person she looks to for approval and acceptance, and from whom she rarely receives it. When she apologized to Jack, she was doing what she couldn't do for her mother.

Monster

That was some scary stuff with the monster, huh? Here's another question: why can't it go over the fence? I think it's because it originates and gets its power from the ground and I don't think the monster can separate itself from it.

Sawyer and Hurley

The beach stuff was just alright. I really want Sawyer to grow as a character, and I'm thinking they're starting in that direction, but I guess I just thought it was kind of ham-handed the way they did it. It should have been more organic, instead of Hurley deciding that Sawyer should be their leader. And kissing up to people and pretending to like them is not growth, imo. Also, why go to such an extent when Jack is coming back to the beach? To set up a conflict? Why not have Sawyer slowly grow into a leader of the group while Jack is gone then? It just didn't make sense to me. Hopefully, it will.

Desmond

His appearance this week was brief, yet oh so yummy. Since we were bereft of a Desmond photo last week, I give you two this week.



3 comments:

Johnny_Canuck said...

I liked this ep. al LOT. man that Kate is sizzlin' HAWT :-)

gina said...

I figured you (and a few other men I know) would, what with all of the girl-on-girl mud-wrestling and wet t-shirt fights ;).

gina said...

I forget about you guys, lol.