5.03.2007

Heroes: "String Theory"

Now the crudely-drawn, evil-looking version of the painting of Nathan in the White House makes SO much more sense.

I know I've said this about other episodes of Heroes, but this really was one of the best so far, if not the best. To be honest, I'm still a little confused about what exactly happened - or will happen or might happen or won't happen anymore now that Hiro and Ando went to the future and back again - with regard to the nuclear explosion and who actually caused it. But I'm hoping that a re-watch will help with that. Time travel makes the head hurt.

I have to say that I hope that Hiro and Ando don't change the future completely because I'll tell ya, Future Peter is hot! The hair, the scar, the scruff and especially the complete command he had over his powers made him irresistible.

It's interesting that there seem to be locations that the heroes keep coming back to again and again, the Burnt Toast diner, especially. I wonder if there's any significance to that or if it's just easier from a storytelling perspective?

I'll be interested to see if we get to find out what Nathan did - or does - that Sylar described as turning against his own kind. Does Nathan really betray the heroes, or does he just betray Sylar?

The episode didn't only raise new questions, it also answered a couple of things for me. Now we know why there was never a Future Ando with Future Hiro. And Hiro got the comic book from the future so it doesn't matter when it gets published.

If there was ever an episode that needed to be re-watched, it's this one. I look forward to viewing it again before Monday night!

No comments: