5.17.2007

Idol Top 3: Stupid Results

I have all these notes from last night and all this talk about how I was feeling ambivalent, and disconnected from the performers, and blah blah blah, but you know what? I wrote all of that before the results were announced. I'm not even going to bother.

As I feared, the best singer American Idol has probably ever seen was sent packing last night. I harbor no ill will against the two that remain - they weren't the ones voting and it's not like they're Sanjaya or anything - but I just don't care at this point. This season is done for me. I'm not even all that angry. I'm just finished.

If someone were to ask me today if will be watching next week, I'd say no, but I will probably break down and at least watch the finale. Last year's was awesome and that awesomeness had nothing to do with the Final 2. Plus, I'll want to hear Melinder sing one more time.

Just a few items I did want to remark upon:

1. Melinda, I loved your "Death Cheater" tank. Too bad it didn't work for you.

2. Elliot, you look and sound awesome. I love the new choppers!

3. Nigel, dude, we saw you doing the Janet Jackson snake move while Maroon 5 was singing. You should never do that again!

Congratulations to the Jordin and Blake fans. See ya next year!

3 comments:

~J said...

The only thing I can hope is that some record company out there is not stupid and signs her quickly.

gina said...

Oh, they will, don't you worry.

Anonymous said...

Now I feel guilty that I didn't vote :( Melinda never should have gone.

Best of luck to Jordin. If Blake wins, I'll hurl.

Holly