5.10.2007

Idol Top 4: Results

Does anyone else think it's really weird to see Bill Maher in the American Idol audience? Even he looks like he's not quite sure how he ended up there.

Another hour-long results show that was jam-packed with filler, so just the highlights:

1. Pink sings "Who Knew?" in a taped segment from Idol Gives Back, that they pretend is live. I would rather have heard "U & Ur Hand", but TPTB thought it was too risque, or so I hear.

2. Wow, this has to be the absolute worst group song EVER. It's completely underwhelming. Note to American Idol people: BeeGees and AI are a bad combo.

3. Oh dear, Barry looks like someone's Grandpa up there. I suppose he is someone's Grandpa, huh? Oh, and NICE sheer shirt, Barry. Ew! Damn, I just looked him up on imdb and he's only 61 - I thought he was at least in his 70s! He looked happy to have made it to the end of the song still standing.

4. OK, finally, it's down to Lakisha and Blake, as everyone predicted. Lakisha is going home. Unlike Chris Richardson, you can see from her goodbye montage that she has really come a long way.

I'm not sure what the theme is next week, and I can't find the information anywhere online. I think it might be the week where each of the Top 3 have to sing songs chosen by Simon, Paula and Randy. Maybe?

No comments: