5.03.2007

Idol Top 6: Results, Again

Two will go home tonight. I haven't cared since Gina left, but now it's getting to the point where it will be sad no matter who leaves.

Before we get to the important stuff, Robin Thicke sings. Like a girl.

Melinda, Phil and Lakisha are put into the first group of 3. Melinda is safe and so is Lakisha - wow, that is so the right result. I am very glad that I was wrong. So, Phil leaves us in a blaze of glory. You got farther than I ever thought you would, Phil, and you seemed like a nice guy. See you on Halloween!

The remaining contestants are grouped together: Jordin, Balke and Chris. Jordin is immediately told she's safe. Just as I thought. So, who's going home, Blake or Chris? We'll have to wait, of course, until Bon Jovi sings a new, really mellow song that reminded me of Joshua Tree-era U2.

Finally, Ryan tells us that Chris is going home. In the look back at his time on AI, it strikes me that unlike all the other contestants, he hasn't changed a bit from the day of his audition. I don't like the way you sing, Chris, but you also seemed like a nice guy. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of you.

And so we're left with a final four - Melinda, Lakisha, Jordin and Blake - that was predicted early on by most viewers. As far as I'm concerned, these are the people who should be there.

Next week, Boogie sounds and Barry Gibb!

2 comments:

J said...

Hee, hee. Maybe my wish for the al female final 3 will come true. I have to count on the little things in life to make me happy!

J said...

sorry, *all*