11.30.2005

Drive-Thru Reviews

Batman Begins - Very well done and probably the best installment in the Batman franchise (although I do like the campiness of Batman Returns). An outstanding cast (including Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, Linus Roache, Rutger Hauer, Gary Oldman, the list goes on) that help to elevate the story. I especially liked Michael Caine's Alfred, and Caine's choice (if it was his choice) to use his real, Cockney accent. Lent a real sense of believability to his character. Make a point to see it, if you can.

Local Hero - This movie is in my top ten, I think. This was only the second time I've seen this movie (I saw it Monday night on IFC - it's airing throughout December. If you have IFC, check their schedule), the first time being 20 years ago, and it has lost none of its charm. It's a about an 80s oilman (Peter Riegert, the pickle man from Crossing Delancey, another favorite of mine) who is sent to purchase and entire Scottish seaside village, only to be profoundly changed by it. Please see this movie.

1 comment:

Esther said...

Saw 'Batman Begins' twice in the theater. I loved every bit of it, and of course, my man, Christian Bale.

I can't remember if I've ever seen 'Local Hero,' or not. Guess it's time to throw it in the queue, then. :)