12.30.2005

And so another year begins.

Just sitting here on my lunch hour, eating a Smart Ones Ravioli Florentine and picking the spinach out of my braces, waiting for word on whether they're releasing us early today for the holiday weekend. No definite word on a time yet, but things are looking good.

I hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday week. Despite having to work, it was a nice one for me. We saw lots of family (photos to come), ate lots of food and exchanged lots of presents. It was our second Christmas since our father passed away, and he was missed very much. Spending time with Daddy was so much a part of the celebration for us that it will be some time before Christmas will really feel like Christmas again. Or maybe it will just have to be something different. Just as nice, but different.

Sheila got a wireless PS2 controller from Tommy so she's been immersed in Splinter Cell Chaos Theory all week, while I've been playing wing man for her. It's time for me to get back to Jak II so I can (hopefully) finish it and move on to the pile of games I have waiting for me. The wireless controller is the best thing since sliced bread, I'll tell ya - you can even play with your hand under a blanket, a necessity since home heating prices are going through the roof!

Our New Year's weekend is looking pretty quiet at the moment. We have an invite to a friend's house tomorrow night, but we're sort of playing it by ear, seeing how we feel tomorrow. Also, we're supposed to have some foul weather tomorrow night, so it might make more sense to stay at home. Whatever you all end up doing, have a wonderful time, and stay safe!

No comments: