12.07.2005

Holiday Favorites.

It's that time of year, when they start playing Christmas music WAY too early. Are they starting earlier every year? While I can avoid the radio stations that go "all Christmas music all the time" as early as Thanksgiving weekend, I can't hide from it at home, where Sheila begins baking her Christmas cookies even earlier than that and likes to play Christmas music to help get her in the spirit. Oy!

To tell the truth, I don't mind so much, and while a good portion of holiday music is complete crap, I do have my favorites. Do you?

Here are a few of mine, in no particular order, to start things off:
  • Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, by Judy Garland
  • Merry Christmas Darling, by The Carpenters
  • The Christmas Song, by Nat King Cole
  • Santa Claus is Comin' to Town, by Bruce Springsteen
  • It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year, by Andy Williams

There are more, but those are the ones that spring to mind. Post some of your favorites in the comments.

2 comments:

gina said...

Oo yeah, I like the Barenaked Ladies/McLaughlan one, too.

Johnny_Canuck said...

How odd that I have not heard that one.

Mine is, and always has been since it was released, "Happy Christmas (War Is Over)"
by John Lennon.