12.16.2005

The One Where SpyDaddy Says "Thong".

(original airdate 12/7/05)

Bob



Oh yeah, it's also the one where Sark comes back.

Let me just say right now that this week's episode (The Horizon) was so good that it has almost completely obliterated my memory of "Bob", so this will be brief.

This episode was weird - a lot of stuff went down, and there were some great moments, but it was really just middle-of-the-road for me. I think I liked it more for the details than the overall storyline. For instance:

~ There was some whacky stuff going on with the accents: Sark is played by an American, who was pretending to be a Brit who was pretending to be American, while Rachel was an American pretending to be British. And she did a pretty good job, I thought. I'm liking that they're not making her into a super-spy, and that's she still nervous and makes mistakes.

~ Syd made a cute face when Jack said he was going on his mission with Elizabeth, sort of like a "Oooo, Dad and Elizabeth sittin' in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g..." sort of face. It was definitely implied that they had a past together, and I hope we get to hear a little more about it before the show ends. Elizabeth's pretty kick-ass and I wouldn't mind seeing her again. SpyDaddy definitely has a "type".

~ Rachel's expression when she saw Sark on the computer screen was priceless. I bet she won't be having any more one night stands for a long while. I'll tell ya though, she must be good for Sark to have turned down money!

~ Liked the "I guess what happens in Brazil stays in Brazil." "What happened in Brazil?" "Rachel got food poisoning." Heehee.

~ Also loved: "Just so we're clear, you approached me. You were the one who was stupid enough to let me into your room and afterwards? You were the one that wanted to cuddle." "About what you just heard --" "Don't know, don't wanna know."

~ Finally, I wonder why Jack was at home and Sydney was left with Dixon as a surrogate father to hug. It was sweet, but I wished it was her SpyDaddy she was hugging. So did she, and I suppose that was the point. I really like the quiet, sad scene of Jack playing piano. Good stuff.

~ Wait! One more thing. Thongs!

No comments: