2.14.2007

Idol: The Final Judgment

The top 24 was revealed last night as each of the remaining 40 singers rode the elevator of destiny up to a room where their dreams were either finally realized, or crushed into a million little pieces.

Ladies and Gentleman, your Top 24:

Women

Melinda Doolittle, the shy backup singer
Gina Glocksen, on her second try
Haley Scanarto, who I know nothing about
Jordin Sparks, the 17 year old whose father is or was a pro football player
Stephanie Edwards, another one I know nothing about
Leslie Hunt, who I've forgotten already
Alaina Alexander, the girl from Hollywood who had given up on a singing career
Sabrina Sloan, another mystery
Lakisha Jones, the single mother who can really sing
Nicole Tranquillo, a new name
Amy Krebs, too weird for Idol, I think
Antonella Barba, one of the BFFs

Men

Sanjaya Malakar, whose sister didn't make it
Brandon Rogers, cute backup singer
Phil Stacey, the guy who missed his baby's birth and who looks kind of like Harry Connick, JR. with a stupid hat on his head
Chris Sligh, the funny guy and my current favorite guy
Blake Lewis, the Seattle beatbox guy who I have yet to actually hear sing
Rudy Cardenas, the kd lang look-a-like
Paul Kim, the Korean guy with the very affected voice
AJ Tabaldo, the first I heard of him
Nick Pedro, his second time around, and I don't think he should have made it
Chris Richardson, who wants to be Justin Timberlake so bad it hurts (me)
Jared Cotter, (Mistah Cott-air!), a new face
Sundance (Jason) Head

I agree with their choices, for the most part. I think Marisa Rhodes was robbed and I was disappointed about Tammy, the Melissa Etheridge-type who drove a pedi-cab. Other than that, I think it's a pretty good group. I don't think there's a Chicken Little in the bunch. Or a "crooner", thank God.

Next episode: The Top 12 Men compete on Tuesday, Feb 20 at 8:00 P.M.

No comments: