2.22.2007

Idol: Top 12 Girls

Alright, now for the girls...

Stephanie Edwards, 19 - How come we haven't heard a thing about her until now?? She's incredibly good.

Amy Krebs, 22 - Sings Bonnie Raitt's I Can't Make You Love Me, and she's not bad, but she's also kind of bland.

Leslie Hunt, 24 - I was petrified when she said she was singing Natural Woman by Aretha Franklin, but I like her voice. She's got a corn-fed wholesomeness/dorkiness about her, though. She looks like she could be in the Partridge Family or something. Her father looks like he wants to kick Simon's ass.

Sabrina Sloan, 27 - Sings another Aretha song, I Ain't Never Loved A Man, and she is very good. She reminds me of Cher.

Antonella Barba, 20 - Aerosmith, I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing. A terrible song choice made worse by the way she she stunk up the room.

Jordin Sparks, 17 - Tracy Chapman, Give Me One Reason To Stay, very strong voice and I like her more than I thought I would.

Nicole Tranquillo, 20 - Sings some Chaka song and oh my God, it's so BAD. So bad that we muted the TV.

Haley Scarnato, 24 - Sings Celine Dion, It's All Coming Back to Me. Man, she's very Broadway, isn't she? I can see her working as Snow White at Disney or something.

Melinda Doolittle, 29 - Yet another Aretha Franklin song, and man she can wail. I think she found some confidence. Simon loves her and she is so incredibly good. At this point, she's my favorite.

Alaina Alexander, 24 - Pretenders, Brass in Pocket...oh, it's just not good at all. This time, we mute the judges because we can't bear to hear them tell her how horrible she was.

Gina Glocksen, 22 - Eric Carmen, All By Myself. I like her look and she did a lot better than I thought she was going to, but I get an unpredictable vibe from her. She could totally blow her next song.

Lakesha Jones sings Jennifer Hudson's Dreamgirls song and brings down the house. If she can keep church out of it, she could go all the way.

I think Antonella and Alaina should go, but Amy and Leslie are so forgettable, and Nicole was so weird, I think they're at risk, too.

Tonigh, 2 guys and 2 girls go home!

No comments: