2.15.2007

LOST: "Flashes Before Your Eyes" -SPOILERS



That was probably one of the best episodes of this show, ever. I cannot wait to watch it again. Some thoughts, in case anyone would care to discuss:

  • Desmond is my new LOST boyfriend. You may ask, What about Sawyer? I say, Sawyer who?
  • So, what do we think actually happened? I was torn between thinking that Desmond was actually experiencing his life all over again and the idea that it was actually all a subconscious dream thing. What made me think it was a dream, a la the Wizard of Oz, was the image of the legs with the red shoes sticking out from underneath that rubble, like the Wicked Witch. But if it was all just a dream, why can he still see the "flashes"? It would be cool to think that he really is re-living his life, but can only see it (or remember it) in little bits and pieces. Remember when he first came across Jack, in the flashback where he was running at the stadium? He acted as if he knew about Jack, and told him he'd see him "in another life, brothah". Did he get a flash of Jack? Is that how he knew he would save Sarah?
  • The next question to ask would be who was the old woman? She was speaking like she was someone from DHARMA or the Others, don't you think? Or was she just his subconscious?
  • I was misled by last week's promo - they showed Kate, et al going to rescue Jack, but as it turns out they weren't in last night's episode at all - sorry about that.
  • I'm not sure I understand how getting Desmond drunk was going to help Charlie and Hurley get any information from him. It just makes him more belligerent and harder to understand!
  • The painting in Widmore's office screams Hanso Foundation:

  • The polar bear, the buddha figure from last week's re-programming video, "Namaste"...very cool.
  • When exactly was Charlie supposed to die, I wonder? The plane crash? The hatch implosion? When Ethan strung him up? Are they actually going to kill him off?

2 comments:

gina said...

Fionnula Flanagan played the old woman, and guess what her name was? Ms. Hawking. As in Stephen Hawking, who wrote A Brief History of Time, which is the book Aldo was reading last week!

Anonymous said...

I don't have time for a long comment, but I had to agree that this week's Lost was AWESOME. I was sooo surprised when Ms. Hawking was talking to Desmond, and again when Desmond explained he wasn't saving Claire he was saving Charlie. What a great episode. Makes me wish I had Tivo so I could watch it again.

Thanks for the close up of the painting. I didn't catch the Namaste.

By the way, I was in Disney World last week, and in "It's a Small World," at the end when they have signs with "Good Bye" in many different languages, there is one that says "Namaste." Creeped me out!