2.14.2007

Idol: "Why did I even come here?"

It's Hollywood Week, my favorite part of the show.

Day 1 - First up are the girls, who will come before the judges in groups of 6. Things start off well, with all the first 6 going home! Among them, surprisingly, is Jory, the Canadian girl who met the Queen. I'm not sad to see her go, but I really thought she was going to go farther.

Also out is Rachel, the Army reservist that I did like. Oh well. Others who didn't make it: Porcelana of the very low pants, Sarah who ran away to NY for her audition and Ashlynn Carr, the one who makes all the weird faces. And puts sugar into gas tanks of men who wrong her. Watch out, Simon.

Shakira impersonator Perla and cute little Baylie Brown make it through to the next round.

At the end of the day, we are left with 56 out of a total of 114 girls.

Day 2 - It's the guys' turn. Navy man Jarrod Fowler gets cut, but the Seattle beatbox guy, Castro, Sundance and Chris Sligh all make it through, and it's really sort of boring. A total of 34 men make it through.

Day 3 - It's time for the Group Round! And for more people to be sent home. Most notable: "born to be a pop star" Baylie Brown gets the axe. So does Perla. And you know, there's really not much more to say except that 36 people go home (adios, Castro), leaving 56.

Day 4 - This is the day where they stick the remaining 56 people into three rooms and tell one of the rooms that they have to go home. I love this part. Most of the singers that I want to make it through, do, and BFF Amanda, who has turned out to be exactly the way I thought she would be, gets cut.

Tonight, The Top 24 will be revealed. I love this part, too.

No comments: